Thursday, July 28, 2016

What happened to last year


So I had a year of firsts last year.  Mid way through the 2015-2016 school year I was asked by my friend and Principal to move to fifth grade and teach an ELA block fro ESE students in the morning and Gifted students in the afternoon.  It was undoubtedly one of the biggest challenges I have ever undertaken.  When I went in over Thanksgiving break to move my room to the other side of campus my Principal had a quote for her bathroom and it read "It always seems impossible until it's done."  I will never forget that quote because it proved to be so true.  It was so hard for me to leave my first graders and their families for this new mystery homeroom who was running adults out of their classroom left and right.  I had such a learning experience with them.  I had an amazing partner and that helped a lot.  FSA tests in Florida and the use of data in upper grades are just a few of the really stressful ideas I was introduced to this year.  It was a fun year for many reasons.  K-2 teachers don't really get to see the kids grow into young adults and struggle with pre teen problems like upper Elementary teachers do throughout the year.  I wish I would have had more time to really develop freebies and pay and take activities from Teachers pay Teachers as I had originally intended. I'm teaching fifth grade again this year so my blog should actually be renamed and I think I'm going to work on that.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment