Sunday, January 13, 2013

I am a teacher because...

I am thirty and finally reday to work!!!  I must admit I have always wanted to be a teacher!!  As a little girl I played teacher a lot in Barrow, AK!!  We moved to FL when I was seven after my dad retired from the North Slope (he was a Principal and my mother was a Vice Principal).  My family is full of Educators so you can imagine what it's like to be around us!
 
I graduated from FSU with a degree in Risk Management.  If you ask me anything that has to do with Financial Planning or the benefits of investing in Insurance I can tell you exactly what to do!  I took my first grown up job in Jacksonville, FL and did not  like it!  So I decided to go to a college after work in downtown Jacksonville to an EPI program.  I moved back to Central Florida where my mother is still a Principal and am teaching first grade!!  Writing my story this way is really boring but full of facts. 


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I love your new design. Pink is my favorite color and you can't miss with a bit of bling! My parents are in central Florida (The Villages). Looking forward to reading your posts!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane!!! I look forward to peeking at your ideas also!! The Villages is a perfect place for parents!!

      Delete